Apply for Funding
The small grant application period for 2020 is now open. We would welcome applications for novel, short duration projects, which explore new topics, methods, and ideas which improve our understanding of carbon monoxide exposure.
The Gas Safety Trust provides grants to a wide range of charities, voluntary groups, associations, gas related businesses, social housing associations, local authorities, statutory organisations, academic bodies and others that meet our chosen areas of focus:
- The possible link between CO and neurological conditions
- CO exposure risks to pregnant women and the foetus
- CO in the leisure environment
- CO emissions from solid fuels
We do not fund:
- Unspecified activities. The Grant must be related to a specific programme or project that meets the Gas Safety Trust’s eligibility criteria.
- Day-to-day administrative and/or general operational running costs.
- Capital equipment costs
- Sponsorship (nor can the Gas Safety Trust’s name be used for any sponsorship).
- Individuals, except in the context of their business activities.
- Individuals for study or educational funding.
- Fundraising events.
- Awards, unless those undertaken by the Gas Safety Trust or any other related body.
- Professional conferences or professional fees.
- Projects where the Gas Safety Trust grant support input will not make a positive impact and cannot be clearly defined. We want every £1 donated to make a difference to those most in need.
NIHR Non-Commercial Partner
Please note that the Gas Safety Trust is a National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) non-commercial partner should this aid you in your application.
NIHR non-commercial Partners are organisations that:
- Award research funds as a result of open competition across England with high quality peer review.
- Fund research that is of clear value to the NHS.
- Take appropriate account of the priorities, needs and realities of the NHS in making decisions about the research that they fund.
How can you apply for funding?
The small grant application period for 2020 is now open, if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for receipt of Small Grant applications is Friday 1 May 2020.
Please note that full completion of a Grant Application Form is required you should review the Grant Application Procedure and Guidelines as well as our Terms & Conditions document, to evaluate whether your application is appropriate.
You can find these documents on our Apply Now page.